X-1032 Axiom Flux Dual-Lane Dispenser
The Axiom X-1032 high-volume dual-lane dispensing system provides exceptional accuracy and reliability for selectively jetting traditional flux and no-clean solder fluxes, and for other precise coating applications. Throughput increases of 60- to 85-percent are achievable with the Axiom system’s dual lane, multitasking capabilities.
Flux is used during the reflow process to remove oxides from metal surfaces to be soldered, enhance wetting, and protect against re-oxidation. In flip chip assembly, flux is also used to mechanically hold the die to the substrate during the assembly process prior to reflow.
Today’s large FCIPs (flip chip in package) with lower bump heights make jetting preferable to stencil printing and dipping, which is difficult to control with high viscosity materials and thinner coating requirements ( < .075 mm). Selective flux jetting from Asymtek provides a high-speed, highly adaptable process for flux jetting virtually any pattern while maintaining good edge definition (0.5 to 1.5 mm), minimizing the overspray associated with other spraying techniques.
The Axiom’s dual lane configuration allows parallel processing on two lanes for continuous dispensing, eliminating lost time in non-dispensing activities such as substrate loading/unloading. For ultimate process flexibility, the dual lane conveyors are independently controlled, allowing different sized substrates and dispense patterns to be processed in each lane. The programmable chain belt conveyors allow for a variety of process carriers, including lead frames, Auer® boats, and custom carriers.
- Dual lane configuration
- Asymtek’s dual lane capability provides a 60- to 85-percent increase in throughput over single lane systems
- Asymtek’s DJ-2200 DispenseJet® valve with coaxial air technology enables thin flux wet film builds as low as 5 µm
- Selective flux jetting provides excellent edge definition (0.5 to 1 mm), minimizes flux residue, and reduces or eliminates cleaning
- FmXP software controls the amount of flux jetted to accommodate different pitch flip chips
- Ventilation interlock
- Exterior bulk feed reservoir