X-1030 Axiom Flux Dispenser
The Axiom X-1030 inline dispensing system provides exceptional accuracy and reliability for selectively jetting traditional flux and no-clean solder fluxes, and for other precise coating applications. Flux jetting improves production throughput, underfill reliability and equipment utilization.
Flux is used during the reflow process to remove oxides from metal surfaces to be soldered, enhance wetting, and protect against re-oxidation. In flip chip assembly, flux is also used to mechanically hold the die to the substrate during the assembly process prior to reflow.
Today’s large FCIPs (flip chip in package) with lower bump heights make jetting preferable to stencil printing and dipping, which is difficult to control with high viscosity materials and thinner coating requirements ( < .075 mm). Selective flux jetting from Asymtek provides a high-speed, highly adaptable process for flux jetting virtually any pattern while maintaining good edge definition (0.5 to 1.5 mm), minimizing the overspray associated with other spraying techniques.
The fully enclosed, vented system includes safety interlocks and an emergency stop. Loaders/unloaders, and film frame or bare wafer handling equipment can be added for ultimate process flexibility. Dual lane systems are also available for high-volume production.
- Selective flux jetting improves package reliability, production throughput and material utilization
- Asymtek’s DJ-2200 DispenseJet valve with coaxial air technology enables thin flux wet film builds as low as 5 µm
- Selective flux jetting provides excellent edge definition (0.5 to 1 mm), minimizes flux residue, and reduces or eliminates cleaning
- FmXP software controls the amount of flux jetted to accommodate different pitch flip chips
- Ventilation interlock
- Exterior bulk feed reservoir