SC-280N/SC-280C Select Coat Film Coater Applicator
The Nordson ASYMTEK Select Coat® SC-280 non-atomized film coater provides automated, selective application of conformal coating materials with viscosities of less than 100 centipoise. Coating thicknesses range from 10 to 76 µm (0.0005 to 0.003 inch) for solvent-based materials.
With transfer efficiency more than 99%, the SC-280 film coater improves material utilization by 30 to 50 percent. Because the coating material is not atomized, overspray, masking, and rework associated with conventional conformal coating processes are minimized.
With the addition of our Fifth Axis Tilt Accessory, the SC-280 also has enhanced access to tight or hard-to-reach areas that may not be achievable with the standard downward approach (0 degrees).
The stainless steel fluid path provides compatibility with current coating materials. The SC-280 design is based on the popular Nordson ASYMTEK SC-204/SC-104 film coater, which has been an industry standard for many years.
The SC-280 film coater is available for the Nordson ASYMTEK SL-940E & SL-941E Conformal Coating systems.
Features and Benefits
- Non-atomized coating provides >99% transfer efficiency
- Selectively coats complex circuit boards in seconds
- Improves material utilization, achieves less waste, reduces costs
- Virtually eliminates masking through precise, selective material application
- Use of non-atomized process and a ventilated system reduces VOC emissions
- Stainless steel fluid path provides compatibility with a range of materials
Please Visit Manufacturers Website For More Information